This morning, after it stopped raining, I went out to plant out the Cornus and Viburnum I got the other day.
I started off by having a look around my garden and decided to give up and went with my first idea. So I had to move the Juniper and the Eryngiums. Now, knowing that frogs like to hide in there, I very carefully lifted it, checked for visitors, and moved it to the plot in the front.
The Eryngiums were placed up and down that row. I did also find that I had 3 separate plants. Nice!
After I lifted the plants I turned over the soil to make sure it didn’t have any daffie bulbs in bad places. I then got my place for the Viburnum. Awesome.
I then took the foxgloves out of that small bed and cleared up the weeds growing there and placed the Cornus (Dogwood) in there.
I was a little worried that there was a dug pathway under the fence as you can see. I’m hoping it’s just ‘One of those things’ and not a rat run. It’s not smooth so I’m thinking it is.
I also took the opportunity to plant one of my two white Lavenders I had. The other one was put in the front.
The final thing I did was put the Juniper in the big bed in the front. I was glad to see that the cardboard I left under the soil is now breaking down nicely and that worms were found both above and below the cardboard layer.
And that was my morning.