I was working on my pond this morning, I’ll have a post about just what I was doing tomorrow, but I just wanted to post this.
This guy hopped over from behind my pond and sat still on there for about 2 minutes just watching me. He then went for a little walk (hop) around at some of the things I have moved and changed.
In the end he dived into the water and I didn’t see him again. But for what it’s worth I think he was happy enough with what I was doing. Well, at least he didn’t complain too loudly. B-)
If ever you are working in and around a pond PLEASE be careful. Especially with established ponds. Wildlife will be everywhere and probably not where you are expecting.
- Lift rocks with care, check when putting them down that something isn’t holding on underneath and DON’T DROP THEM!
- Don’t simply roll rocks away from you without checking them first.
- Take care to not drop any stones into the pond, this can really scare fish.
- Be aware of where you put your feet if you are working by any beds. Any wildlife you scare from the pond could be hiding under leaves close by.
- If you have to wash your hands at any time either don’t use soap or really take the time to rinse off all the soap afterwards. Soap tends to leave a sheen on your skin. If you ever put your hands in the water it may stay in the water, this could have a impact on any fish you have.