I’ve been meaning to do it for AGES… And yesterday I finally got around to it. Way back in December I talked about doing something with the borders in my garden. The original border lines were cut about 8 years ago when the bushes were all much smaller and didn’t fall over onto the grassy area. But now they do and I was sick of getting the mower caught up in the lower branches and potentially damage either the mower (not likely) or the plant (very likely).
So even though I was still ill I went out to get it done. I have been reacting well to activity over the past couple of days and so I just went at it.
Before and after. Now the cut isn’t big. I didn’t want to take too much off too soon because while I can always take more I can’t put some back so easy! It’s only about 6″ taken off but I’m not sure I actually want to take too much more. Not here at any rate. This is a pic from the other side, and another angle.
The sod I took up was placed under the leylandii hedge. Don’t forget, if you do this, that you need to put it grass side down unless you actually want the grass to continue to grow.
I carried on around the corner to the Photinia and the Euonymus so that none of the bigger bushes will catch the mower. And so that’s me done for now. I may take some more off during the summer. Maybe if I decide to put some bedding plants in. I dunno.
BTW. I felt SO MUCH better after getting outside for a bit. I was utterly drowning in sweat when I was done. So much so that my phone got all fogged up!