A quick update on my onion growing/recycling.
After being reminded about my onions by a comment to another person in the original post. I thought it would be good to take a look.
It’s now been a week since my first post on it and the original two onions now have definite roots and you can now clearly see the growing points. So I decided to pot them up. I hope I’m not doing this too early!
I got together some compost (and even mixed in some of my recycled polystyrene!) and put them in a couple of used take-away trays I kept. From there I put in the 4 of the onions that had roots.
I still have one onion bottom growing roots and in time I will be getting more. I’m going to be adding more onions to the tubs after I get them and they grow roots. I hope to have a fairly steady stream of onions on the go.
So now the tubs are watered and on the windowsill for them to start to grow. Once they split a little and become obvious sets I will move them apart and maybe move them into actual growing trays…. Maybe. B-)